A bathroom vanity is the life savior that carries all your essentials within your restroom. It provides a compact space for storing towels, tissue rolls, and other cleaning products. However, good things come with a price, and bathroom vanities these days are very expensive to install.
The reasons why bathroom vanities are so expensive are the material quality, sizes, and design that goes into it.
Let us together unfold the reasons for them being so costly along with some useful hacks to save vanity construction and installation costs.
Why Are Bathroom Vanity Units So Expensive?
Bathrooms are exposed to water, humidity, steam, and too much moisture. Therefore, you just cannot compromise on the quality of the material used within the construction of a vanity unit. A bathroom vanity unit usually comprises of a sink, a countertop, and a cabinet beneath the countertop.
One of the most expensive components of a vanity unit is the countertop. You would find most of them made up of granite, quartz, or marble. These countertops are readily available to be purchased in square feet, while their prices can leave you with a mini heart attack.
The next most important element is the cabinets. Imagining your bathroom without multi-racked cabinets even sounds so tough. Vanity cabinets are mostly made of particleboard, medium-density fiberboard (MDF), melamine or melamine faced chipboard (MFC), plywood, or the real wood.
Using any other inferior material for your vanity cabinets is never a good idea. Moisture and humidity within the bathrooms can erode the cupboards soon harming the belongings inside as well. Also, saving a little on installation costs can bring you hefty repair costs later.
For a long-lasting and durable bathroom vanity, real wood is the best option. Real wood might be an expensive option to go for but it gives off a sophisticated look to your vanity unit and goes a long way.
We all want to our restrooms to exhibit an aesthetically stylish look. The vanity unit, therefore, plays an important role in crafting the look of your bathroom.
The custom designs, sizes, and high-quality materials make a vanity unit cost a fortune. However, those extra bucks are always worth it.
How Much Should A Bathroom Vanity Cost?
A bathroom vanity consists of a sink, a top counter, and a cabinet that is used to conceal the pipes and other linings. These items can, nevertheless, be paired with many more components i.e. Some vanity units include a mirror and a pair of wooden cabinets above the sink, others may have drawers and other accessories holders installed as well.
There is no conclusive cost of a vanity unit and it will usually vary from unit to unit. However, the average price of vanity units ranges from $1000 to $3000. You can get yourself a pre-fabricated vanity or you can customs design it yourself for some additional charges. A prefabricated vanity can cost you around $100 to $2600 depending upon the material quality and size.
However, a custom-built vanity can be expected to fall somewhere between $500 to $2,800 depending upon the size and material quality. In addition to this, the installation charges may vary between $200 to $1,000 per vanity. Online ordering for RTA vanity units may bring on some shipping costs too.
Again, there is no end to the styles and designs of a vanity unit. All it takes is a little designing sense and a wise mind to choose the right material and components. You can buy pre-assembled or ready-to-assemble vanity units, or you can hire a professional to help you build and install your dear vanity unit. Moreover, don’t try doing the plumbing all by yourself. Having an expert on board is always a better idea.
The countertop material and the size of the vanity are the two most contributing factors towards the total price of the vanity unit. Larger size or complex countertops can amplify the vanity price or vice versa.
How Can You Save Money On Bathroom Vanity?
To spend away a lot less money on your bathroom vanity, you should consider the vanity unit’s type and the quality of the material used.
A major cost cut can be achieved by customizing the vanity design into a simpler one. Four types of vanity designs are mostly used by designers. The built-in design covers the broader area of the bathroom giving off a sophisticated look, however, this brings on a lot more cost.
On the contrary, the pedestal vanity design works well to utilize a small space bathroom. It makes the bathroom looks spacious and gives it an airy look. This vanity design is light on pocket and high on style.
A Freestanding vanity sets on its legs, giving more room for the storage and provides a modern look with a low-cost design. A Wall mounting vanity hangs with the wall offering more space under the vanity. This ultimately mitigates the cost and works just fine in the long run.
In addition to these, you can customize any vanity type for yourself by carefully choosing the quality of the materials and the size of the vanity. There are many varieties in the countertop to scroll through, while you aim to settle for a lesser cost.
Using a less expensive countertop (mostly porcelain or ceramic tiles) can save you cost like wonders. These materials can yield you a saving of up to 30% as compared to granite, marble, or wood.
For cabinets, you can opt for plywood instead of real wood. This might make you compromise a little on the looks but plywood is durable enough and tends to go a long way with little maintenance requirements.
Who Makes The Best Quality Bathroom Vanities?
Hundreds of manufacturers build quality vanity units that will have you awe-inspired. Let us look into some of the top vanity manufacturers around the USA that are famous for their material quality, designs, durability, and appealing looks.
- Virtua USA: One of the best and well-known vanity units’ makers in the market, Virtua USA, believes in exceptional quality and customer service. They have got the best quality modern-day vanity designs. You can find all types of vanities here ranging from in-built to standing vanities. Each of which is produced by professional handicrafts who take care of minute details.
- James Martin Furniture: James Martin Furniture is the leading manufacturer of traditional and modern bathroom vanity units. It offers more than 20,000 models of furniture, including vanity units. Being the pioneer in the evolution of bathroom vanities and design, their vanities exhibit solid wood material. Granite top and top cherry wood are the famous brands operated under James Martin Furniture.
- JWH Livings: JWH livings are very well known for their durability. These vanities are manufactured with a sealant that prevents warping caused by steam or humidity. Also, as far as the style and construction is concerned, these products are the finest in the world. Scorpio Reversible vanity and Grand Rana are the most popular models of JWH livings. They offer the best prices for bathroom vanities as compared to other manufacturers in the market.
- Basconi: Basconi has over a half-century of experience in manufacturing bathroom vanities and other accessories. It is a permanent member of the National Kitchen and Bathroom Association (NKBA) and a prominent participant of the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). They have proven themselves as the best manufacturer of the bathroom vanities for the last 50 years. Basconi is also a CARB PH2 certified vanity maker i.e. They reduce the harmful VOC chemicals.
- Stufurhome: Stufurhome is world-renowned for traditional and modern bathroom vanities ranging from 22″ to 72″ in width. Their products are hand-carved on antique brass hardware for a truly artistic look and durable design. Consano Double vanity is their popular model with a creamy white finish and a marble top.
What Is The Most Popular Bathroom Vanity Color?
Usually, bathroom vanities are designed individually, in alignment with the bathroom surroundings. Color matching is one important consideration while selecting the vanity unit. Along with a slight variation, some colors are commonly used in bathroom vanity units.
These colors include White, Ebony, and Gray. White is the most popular and loved color worldwide for vanity units. Ebony and Grey are the next most loved colors for vanity designs.
Cheap Bathroom Vanity Sources
If you are already convinced to get yourself a vanity unit installed this very instant then let us guide your way. Do not worry about the transportation charges, hop on to the following cheap vanity stores.
Order your favorite vanity units online to enjoy free shipping and save on your vanity unit installation costs.
- Home Depot.com
Home Depot is an online shopping site that offers a wide variety of bathroom vanities that you can hardly find anywhere else. Order above $45 and enjoy free shipping from their site. Get rid of the unnecessary transportation costs and enjoy the best bathroom vanities home delivered.
Wayfair is an online retailer based in Boston. It offers a large variety of bathroom vanities online with free shipping. Its well-organized site lets you find vanities filtered by their size, color, and shape. In addition to super-affordable prices, Wayfair offers free shipping for orders over $49. Take off the vanity from the truck by yourself or enjoy a Gate lift delivery only for an additional $50.
- Decor Planet
Décor Planet is a well-reputed vanity dealer with three showrooms in New York. Their offered vanity units are usually 16 1/4 inches wide, wall-mounted, and come along with a medicine cabinet. Décor Planet offers free shipping for orders above $99. Also, they have a wide variety of designs with a modern touch and traditional look at the same time.