The Instant Pot is a versatile, one-pot cooking wonder, replacing other kitchen appliances such as the pressure cooker, crockpot, slow cooker, rice maker, steamer, sauté pan, warmer, and the yogurt maker. If the Instant Pot is so versatile as a cooking pot, designed to assist the busy cook in the kitchen, what features does it have?
Features such as Bluetooth and WiFi would surely add to the charm of the Instant Pot, especially for the hi-tech chef or homeowner. The Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 is Bluetooth and WiFi compatible with any smart device and works with Alexa, which has the added function of voice control.
As with all electronic devices, the Instant Pot requires power to operate, so the additional Bluetooth and WiFi features and the appliance itself will only operate if the pot is plugged into the power socket and the power is switched on.
This modern cooking appliance is tech-savvy and can communicate with your personal devices or home network to bring that extra level of convenience to your home cooking.
Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 Model
The Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 model is a programmable multi-cooker that can be controlled from your mobile device and gives you full control over your meal’s cooking. Schedule, cook, monitor, and adjust the progress of your meals, all from the palm of your hand.
The Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 model is a 6-quart size pot and comes pre-loaded with 13 one-touch programs, which allows you to cook on autopilot while producing tasty meals in a hurry. This size pot comfortably cooks meals for up to 6 people, great for families and singles, making this a popular size pot.
The attraction of the Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1 model is the number of appliances that it replaces in the kitchen. It has the capabilities of 8 appliances – a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice maker, steamer, sauté pan, warmer, yogurt maker, and the cake baker.
Replacing all these stand-alone appliances with one appliance, which is Blue tooth and WiFi compatible, will free up space in your kitchen while saving you time.
How Do I Operate The Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot has the same unique operating features as all standard Instant Pots, but this one has the added function of being Blue tooth, WiFi, and Alexa compatible.
You can operate the Instant Pot at home using the one-touch programmable screen on the front of the pot. This provides you the freedom to choose when to start your dish and add it to the pot as you create your meal.
For the hands-on cook, this cooking style allows you to get creative and inventive with your ingredients without the time constraints of pre-scheduled programs. You have the freedom to use either the pre-programmed set cooking times, and you can choose how long your food should cook and at what temperature.
Blue Tooth Compatible
You can download the Instant Pot APP onto your device and have access to not only the controls of the Instant Pot but to hundreds of pre-programmed recipes.
The APP gives you full access to monitor the progress of your meal and updates you with notifications along the way while your meal is cooking. The only disadvantage of Bluetooth is the limited range. Your device needs to stay within the Bluetooth range of the Instant Pot to maintain a connection.
WiFi gives you a greater range and mobility to control your Instant Pot from a greater distance. You can communicate with your Instant Pot from the garden via your WiFi-connected cellphone.
If your home WiFi network is connected to the internet, you would even be able to control your Instant Pot while sitting behind your office desk at work. The WiFi integration allows you to switch on the Instant Pot and begin the cooking process from wherever you are. The controls are in your hands with whichever device you choose.
Alexa is a smart home system from Amazon that you can use to link all compatible smart devices in your home and activate them using voice commands.
You can have multiple Alexa devices throughout your home to give you the ability to control any Alexa-compatible device from whichever room you are in.
You can control anything from your security system to your Instant Pot as long as the devices are Alexa compliant. You could be in your bedroom and issue a command to Alexa to switch on your Instant Pot in the kitchen, and it will start cooking your dinner.
Features of the Instant Pot Smart WiFi 8-in-1
This Instant Pot comes with 13 one-touch pre-loaded smart programs for cooking different ingredients and methods:
- Soup and broth
- Meat and Stew
- Beans and Chili
- Slow cook
- Pressure Cook
- Keep warm
With so many different cooking methods to choose from, you should be able to serve up delicious meals every time, without worrying about burning or overcooking your food.
Purchase The Instant Pot Smart 8-in-1 On Amazon Here
What Are The Safety Features And How Important Are They On A Remotely Controlled Cookware Device?
The Instant Pot has 10 built-in advanced safety protection features designed to ensure safe pressure cooking whilst giving you peace of mind, especially if you are operating the appliance remotely.
As you cannot see the appliance and might not be in the same room, safety devices have been installed, communicated to your device. The Instant Pot is smart enough to adjust and prevent food from overcooking or burning.
The pre-programmed safety features are:
- Lid close detection – the Instant Pot will not activate pressurized cooking if the lid is missing.
- Leaky lid protection – if the steam release valve is not closed properly or the sealing ring is missing, the cooker will not reach the pre-set pressure level and will switch to keep-warm to avoid burning the food.
- Lid lock under pressure – the lid cannot be opened and will remain locked if still pressurized.
- Anti-blockage vent – to prevent food particles blocking the steam release vent
- Automatic temperature control – the temperature of the inner pot is regulated by a thermostat, which makes sure that the temperature is within a safe range during cooking.
- High temperature warning – when the temperature is over a certain limit, the Instant Pot will stop heating.
- Extreme temperature and power protection – a specially designed fuse will disconnect power at excessively high temperatures or if there is an extremely high electrical current or power surge.
- Automatic pressure control – the operating pressure is kept at the correct pressure by the patented pressure sensor mechanism.
- Pressure regulator protection – if the pressure inside the pot builds up to excessive levels, the steam release will pop up to allow the steam to release and bring down the pressure inside the pot.
- Excess pressure protection – if the pressure regulator does not work as it should, the internal protection mechanism will push the inner pot downwards, creating a gap between the lid and the inner pot. Steam will escape from the gap into the internal chamber, which will stop the overheating.
If you are an on-the-go tech-savvy, interested in all new toys and gadgets kind of person, then this Instant Pot is definitely for you. It comes standard with all the bells and whistles you would expect with any tech device but has the added benefit of becoming a much-used kitchen appliance.
A further bonus is that you have the internet at your disposal to download hundreds of recipes directly onto your App to try out in your own smart Instant Pot, without leaving the comfort of your home!